Blogging is one of the most important tools in the belt of content marketing. It allows marketers to share useful information that is optimized to get them increased traffic on their company’s website. In order to make the most of your blogs and use your content strategy to gain more ROI and converted customers on your portfolio, you need to make sure you’re using the best blogging practices. We’ve put together some easy blogging tips for beginners and experts in the field. For newbies, they will help get them started in the right direction while the experts can further improve their quality.
- Let’s begin with the most basic rule of blogging – no copycatting. It is understandable that there are other bloggers who might inspire you to write about a particular topic. That doesn’t mean you should follow them to the tee. Instead, be your true self. Be unique and translate what makes your company different from others.
- Learn from your audience. We couldn’t emphasize this enough. Your audience is the best source for learning what type of content you need to publish. Whether in the comments section or on social media outlets, provide your audience with a place to write what they think. You can consult their opinions to get ideas.
- Write for yourself first. This might seem strange considering that we just mentioned learning from your audience. However, writing something that you would read will give you more freedom to focus on passion topics. Focusing on traffic is important, but it shouldn’t direct your content strategy as a whole.
- Create amazing call-to-action (CTA). CTAs are the main way you can redirect your readers to a particular website or another link. For instance, if you want your readers to follow your company’s social media accounts, don’t just link them in the footer. Take the time to write a CTA, asking people to follow. This has more chances of increasing traffic than passive marketing.
- Make it shareable. Content is consumed and shared rapidly through social media. If your blog is not shareable on these platforms, chances are that you will miss out on gaining some audience from these sites. WordPress plugins, such as DIGG DIGG can help integrate this feature.
- Focus on the content readability. There are two main factors to account for when it comes to content readability – the context and the presentation. Understand your audience, set an appropriate tone, and use language that resonates with them. For instance, you wouldn’t use medical jargon for high schoolers. In addition to that, images and negative space should be used to make the content more presentable.
- Keep it short and based on your niche. Pick your specialty-(-ies) and then stick to it. Give away the knowledge you have, but keep it short. While long-form blogs are great for detailed topics, many readers prefer taking in bite-sized information at a given time. Don’t make it too short that it doesn’t even cover the main point. Based on your topic, gauge the length of the blog and try to make it concise.
- Make the headlines catchy. The headlines and title of a blog are used by most people to decide whether or not they want to read the blog. Catchy headlines will ensure that your reader is intrigued and wants to continue. A basic formula for creating catchy headlines is abbreviated as SPUB – which means Simple, Powerful, Useful, and Bold.
- Maintain consistency. One of the most important yet forgotten parts of blogging is the frequency at which you post. Consistency is key when it comes to blogging. If you stop in the middle or establish long gaps, you are going to lose some of your traffic.
- Lastly, give your blog some time. In this day and age where competition doesn’t relax even for a moment, you can’t expect your blog to go off the ranking chart and diverting traffic on the first go. Invest your time in your blogs. Share useful and interesting knowledge relevant for your target audience and make use of SEO and other digital marketing tactics to maximize your chances of reaching your audience.
If you need further help or want to understand more about how blogging can help your marketing strategy, contact us at Print & Web Designer. You can email us at to get started.